Discover the Microscopic World of the Soil Food Web with Our One-Day Course!
Unlock the secrets of the soil food web with our comprehensive one-day microscopy course. Designed for farmers and growers, this hands-on training will teach you how to use a trinocular compound microscope and recognize a variety of microscopic organisms including bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and nematodes.
With the help of experienced instructors, you will learn how to properly prepare and observe slides, adjust the microscope for optimal viewing, and identify the various features of each organism. You will also receive practical training in counting and quantifying bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes, and leave the course with a strong understanding of the key concepts of microscopy.
By the end of the day, you’ll have the skills and knowledge needed to use the microscope effectively, and be able to track changes of the soil food web community in your soil or compost.
This is a unique opportunity to dive into the fascinating world of the soil food web and gain hands-on experience in a supportive and engaging learning environment. Whether you’re a farmer, grower, or just looking to expand your knowledge, this course is perfect for anyone looking to grow plants with reduced synthetic inputs.
- The day is all practical and structured. You will receive a youtube playlist prior to coming to us with the theory, so that you can focus on doing.
- The class is limited to 4, maximum 5 seats so that everyone can receive as close to 1 to 1 tuition as possible.
- The structure of the day is clearly laid out in the same spreadsheet you will perform your counts in.
- The spreadsheet you will have to keep is designed as not only the counting tool with a clear, automated report at the end, but also a step by step reminder of everything from how to prepare a sample to a comprehensive key to recognising the organisms.
- You will also gain access to our own library of microbes which we have gathered over the past three years of day to day R&D in this field.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to gain insight into the microcosm of your plants! We will only run this course twice this year. Enrol in our one-day microscopy course today.
For the die-hards, we have a four-day deep dive in the following week. See details here. Only five seats available.
Training is held at our lab in Hampshire:
Down Farm, Odiham, Hook RG29 1QX
Accommodation is not available on site. Please make your own arrangements if necessary.
We are happy to prepare sandwiches for lunch. Please let us know of any dietary limitations you may have.
Training starts at 9.30am and usually runs until 4.30 – 5pm.